
And here we are, long months later after running through the desert we are up and running! Life seems to be speeding by at breakneck speed. I can hardly believe that my little boy will be 2 in just a couple months! He just gets cuter every day. He follows me everywhere and wants to help with anything I am doing. He likes to push a kitchen chair up to the counter and stir whatever I am cooing. His favorite job is to add the salt...all the salt. My favorite is when he gets salt on his hand and he licks his fingers. Best face ever!
A few weeks ago we planted a garden at Grandma's house. Grandma got Kyle a hat to wear while we were out in the sun. Actually Kyle insisted on having a hat because Grandma had one and he was not going to miss out! So worth it just for the picture though! Our little garden is finally starting to sprout and it has been so fun.
We have been on an incredible health journey these last few months. We got a book called the 12 Steps to Whole Foods by Robyn Openshaw, otherwise known as the green smoothie girl. Her stuff is amazing, it breaks down a whole foods diet into 12 easy to implement steps. My favorite step has been adding green smoothies to our diets. Super easy to do, you just put two cups of water in a blender add greens and blend until you get to four cups and then add your choice of fruit until it tastes like a smoothie. We use spinach as a base and usually add kale and or collard greens to ours. You can add lettuce, parsley, or any green thing you like the flavor of. Even kyle drinks them and loves them. He always asks for more with a little green mustache on his upper lip. It has been a huge adjustment and parts of it have been really hard. It's tricky to give up comfort foods that you have eaten since you were a child but with a little persistence we are making the changes and feeling great!
In a few short months school will be out for the summer and I can hardly wait. This year of teaching has been so different from last year. It hasn't been perfect but it's been much smoother. I feel like I have made more progress with these kids and I have felt way less scattered. Terribly busy but not so scattered. However, I can hardly wait to spend the summer camping, hiking, and grilling with my family.
I hope all is well with you and yours. May the road rise to meet you!
No comments:
Post a Comment