Monday, October 27, 2008

Another great day at BYU-Idaho!

Every Tuesday here at school we have the privilege of listening to our inspired leaders, it something that we call devotional. Every week we get to take time out of our week and listen to talks that are centered on our faith in Jesus Christ and our love of His gospel. I love it, it's my favorite time of the week and my favorite part is that the university president will always stand up and start the devotional by saying "It's another great day at BYU-Idaho". To hear that always makes me smile and gives me hope by helping me remember all the things that are good around me. Life is so good!
I found one of the greatest things in the world on Saturday. My husband and I went to a thrift store and we actually found a glide rocker! I have wanted one ever since I sat in his mother's rocker and I was thrilled to see one. The best part of the whole thing was that is cost us 6 dollars!! The bottom part had kind of broken away so it didn't glide right but Travis was able to fix that with a few nuts and bolts. I am so excited!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Yippee!!! You are by far the best shopper ever. I'm glad I was able to see you on Saturday :) I'm sorry I'll miss your birthday, but you know you'll be on my mind! Love ya girly!!!

Mellissa said...

What a deal! I love shopping at consignment and Goodwill stores! There are some super treasures to be found. I e-mailed Trav the other day, you have been on my heart. Drop me an e-mail and tell me how you are, ok?

Emily said...

cool story haha!! i love you so much and am so sad that i will not be with you on your birthday. just know i'll be thinking about you all that day :) life has been crazy for me lately so we should talk soon!

Harper said...

Wow! That's awesome! I want to find one of those.