Saturday, August 23, 2008

Baby hopes

Tonight Travis and I went to a church meeting. It seemed as if verywhere I looked there was another mother with a young child or a baby. Those that didn't have children were pregnant it seemed. I know that this is only my perception of the people in the meeting but it was still strange for me. Travis and I have been hoping to start our family recently and it is evident these last few days that it didn't happen this month. I was sad, am sad and hopeful at the same time. Our family will start on God's time, when it is his will for us and not before then. Some days I just wish I knew what his plan was!
Other than that life is great in Idaho! The weather is turning colder again and it's almost time to breakout the sweatshirts. Fall will be beautiful out here. We planted a little garden in a bucket outside our apartment door this summer and my squash plants are already freezing! School will start again in two weeks for me and it will be odd to go back without my husband. He is working full time and will also miss school but he is excited for this new phase in his life. As always we are trying to be better then we were yesterday and serve those around us. Life is good!

3 comments:

Mellissa said...

I know that excitement that comes when you finally decide that you are ready for a baby! It's a huge feeling and fills your heart! One thing that I did to help my body get ready was treat it as if it was already pregnant: taking prenatal vitamins, drinking LOADS of water, eating super healthy (you already do that!). And then I used the power of visualization that athletes use. When I was exercising I pictured myself as pregnant. i visualized a baby growing inside me. True, it is all in God's hand and we sooo cannot see his plans, but I think we have to be in a place where we are ready physically too. I will keep you in my prayers!

Beth said...

Those are cool ideas...I never thought of visualization! I'll try not to now haha! Just thought I'd stop by and say you rock...cause you do. Love you much!

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.